Sunday, July 06, 2014

Crazy mini quilts in wool available



I have some crazy mini wool quilts available on Etsy. These are my "Parkits" short for partial kits :)
I only have 8 available at the moment. These are limited to the amount of sheep that I had printed. They are perfect for summer. Small project to get done in a short amount of time and not to big to carry along.
I hope you enjoyed your weekend. I am off to stitch more and will talk to you again soon. Check these out on Etsy with more info there.

I just finished this crochet edge. I took the mini quilt with the 2 grommets that had a hanger , took the rope out, then I took my #7 crochet hook along with some Valdani perle cotton and made a crochet edge of 3 double crochets in a buttonhole stitch then a slip stitch in the next buttonhole stitch. I followed this pattern all around. It was very tight and I had to take a break my fingers fell asleep a few times but I love the look. Since I had the grommets still there I covered them some old buttons that I found in my jar along with strong glue. I then glued it down on the cover of a journal that I have been writing some poems and prayers in.
I am very happy with it and thought I would share.
Have a good night

1 comment:

  1. Love your work; you are very creative and talented.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Hi everyone, my name is Donna. I just love stitching of all sorts, I also love antique, and book stores. I am married and I have 2 children, and 3 grandchildren :). My Christian faith is the foundation of my life, and has sustained me through the ups and downs of this journey. Keep spreading kindness so you can change the world. So glad you stopped by, leave me a message and I will stop by and visit you.

Blog Archive