Monday, October 29, 2012

Update about the Salty Yarns Annual Event

This is just a little quick post about my trip to Ocean City Maryland. 
I had a great time there teaching at Salty Yarns annual event
Sara was wonderful to pick me up at 11:45 PM on Thursday. The air flight was not to bad just a bit loud   for the layover in Philly trying to watch and hear the presidential debates . When I arrived at the Lankford Hotel my room was so spacious and the bed was like a cloud, it was so comfy.
The next day I slept a little late and then went downstairs to meet people, do some shopping and go for a walk. The food that evening and the reception was great. I also spent some time with the other 2 teachers there for the event,  Theresa from Shakespeare Peddler and Belinda from Blue Ribbon Designs . The next day was spent teaching 2 classes with great students and then a little hanging around the living area in the evening where everyone was busy stitching and talking. Sunday morning early I had one more class and then last minute shopping, and I had a nice time in the rocking chairs on the porch with some ladies taking in the last of the view.  Then it was time to pack up, get a ride to the airport to go home. The next day I was so tired I slept until 11:00, but it was a great time and I met some pretty nice people. I have never seen so much fiber, floss, charts, and all the extras we can not live without in a stitching shop before. If you are ever in the Ocean City area stop by and say hi to Sara, Mary and Sally (the mom). You will be there a few hours just looking at everything. I also enjoyed the yarn section because I am so into crocheting at the moment so the goody bag I left with was filled with yarn and crochet hooks, I was so excited to check it all out at home. I will never forget my trip to Ocean City and all the great people I met. Here are some photos I have to share. And yes the hurricane is going by there today so pray for everyone that all will be well , 
donna 


Front Door  of the Lankford Hotel

What a view from the porch

So many places to sit, talk and of course stitch
I just love to rock 

Quite a few shops at the motel and of course the best one is the Salty Yarns

I would have taken the long walk to the rides but it was closed

View from the beach looking at the Lankford

Large sitting room with so many comfy chairs, plenty of light
and good food ! 

Mary was such a lovely hostess always smiling and so helpful
My trunk show in the window

More of the trunk show in another  window

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like great fun but where is Ocean City?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Hotel. Perfect for lighting and stitching:) I loved seeing how the shop displayed your trunk show in the windows - Beautiful. Sounds like you had a good time.
    love Annette

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Hi everyone, my name is Donna. I just love stitching of all sorts, I also love antique, and book stores. I am married and I have 2 children, and 3 grandchildren :). My Christian faith is the foundation of my life, and has sustained me through the ups and downs of this journey. Keep spreading kindness so you can change the world. So glad you stopped by, leave me a message and I will stop by and visit you.

Blog Archive